Saturday, February 23, 2013

What Muslim Men Want


Reading between the lines...

1. "I'm looking for a good Muslim girl"
Translation: I'm looking for a girl my mum will like and who looks good in hijab, but who will agree to have countless flirty late-night conversations and coffee dates while I decide if we're 'compatible'.

2. "I'm looking for someone I'm compatible with."
Translation: I'm looking for someone attractive.

3. "I'm looking for someone attractive."
Translation: I'm looking for someone so ridiculously gorgeous, 10,000 ships fly out of her face (a la Helen of Troy)

4. "I'm looking for someone who takes care of her appearance."
Translation: I'm looking for someone gorgeous, who looks stunning when she puts a bit of effort in.
[This one annoys me, because, hey, us unattactive people take care of ourselves too! Sometimes, I even polish my gnarled talons, or scrape the warts off my face. On special occasions I even brush my fangs, shave my moustache, and acquaint my armpits with some soap.]

5. "I'm looking for someone homely."
Translation: I need a maid, my mother's arthritis prevents her from ironing properly.

6. "I'm looking for someone family-oriented"
Translation: I want someone oriented to my family.

7. "I like to travel."
Translation: I go to Pakistan twice a year, and I went to Bradford once, but I heard girls like holidays.

8. "I want someone with a good sense of humour."
Translation: I want someone to laugh at all my jokes.

9. "I want someone independent."
Translation: She works, can drive, will date me before meeting my family, but will agree to live with my mummy and daddy after marriage.

10. "I don't want a girl who's independent."
Translation: I am a giant misogynist but want to marry a hot babe who never leaves the kitchen.

11. "I don't know what I'm looking for yet; I'll know when I find her!"
Translation: ...I think I want all of the above?

3 comments:

Mr Moo said...

This is hilarious... and true ...

Regional College Of Pharmacy said...

Your blog is very informative and gracefully. Your guideline is very good. Thank you
Regional College of Pharmacy is established by ‘Deepshikha Kala Sansthan’. We are providing education with an integrated approach of teaching.
pharmacy college
top pharmacy college
pharmacy college in India
Best Pharmacy College In India
Top Pharmacy College In India
Polytechnic college
Top Polytechnic college
Polytechnic college in india
Best polytechnic colleges in India
Polytechnic college in Jaipur
Top polytechnic colleges
Best Mca colleges in india
list of Mba colleges in india
Mba
Top B.tech college in Rajasthan
Engineering college
B.tech colleges

redhum said...

Found your blog through A Muslima and this is absolutely hilarious and so true!